[time-nuts] 1PPS for the beginner

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Aug 18 07:32:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 08/15/2018 06:03 AM, Björn wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> One reference to 20us 1PPS pulse length is the ICD-GPS-060, see figure 3-2, page 3-3 (pdf page 19)
>
> https://www.navcen.uscg.gov/pdf/gps/ICD-GPS-060B.pdf

However, very few boxes does deliver 10 V amplitude PPS pulses. They may
be 20 us, but then as "TTL levels into 50 Ohm" meaning a peak of about
2,5 V as result of 50 Ohm source impedance and 50 Ohm load impedance
voltage dividing the driving 5 V.

The MIL-STD-188-115 also has the same specification on page 12.

There are a few more in that cluster. I have not bothered to pull them
all down. It relates to the PTTI Interface so I expect them to be similar.

> Group - Are there other standard documents defining duty-cycle, voltage levels, rise times etc?

I think ITU managed to put one in their standards (finally), I'll check
for it.

Cheers,
Magnus