[time-nuts] History Channel "In Search of" Time Travel

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sat Aug 18 22:14:07 UTC 2018

> It would be most interesting if this were also downloadable - YouTube or whatever.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Hi David,

I suspect this broadcast on the History Channel is local to the US, at least for now. Shows like this sometimes never appear on youtube. Other sources:

1) The entire "In Search Of" series so far, including episode 5 "Time Travel", is available as a TV download on iTunes.

2) It's also available via https://www.history.com/ or https://www.history.com/shows/in-search-of/season-1/episode-5 and, wow, I just noticed the picture they used.

3) Someone has a .mkv copy of the show? It's probably best to contact that person *off-list*; using their direct email.

----

Having watched the show last night, it's a rather full and interesting episode. IMHO, the cesium clock time dilation demonstration, the underground tour of CERN, and the skydiving time perception segments were nicely produced. I am much relieved. It did seem the editors heavily filtered the conversation; using some of my curious, wondering comments more than my nerdy, atomic clock dialog. For a TV show, they made the right choice.

I noticed they labeled me as "mathematician". I had no contact with anyone since they filmed 8 months ago. So presumably they found an internet bio of me (math / physics major) and picked something. Plus they already had several real physics-type people on the show.

If any of you have specific questions about the show or the experiment, send me an email *off-list* and I'll answer them on one reply. I also need to update my web page with photos and details.

/tvb