[time-nuts] High-end GPSDO's

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Aug 19 18:12:52 UTC 2018

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 20:53:19 +0200
Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> Just to avoid confusion: I don't want to bash the FS740, not at all.
> It's a very well designed device with lots of ingenious solutions for
> small details (see also my quick review of it at [2]), but it's still
> just a GPSDO and has to live with the limitations of the GPS/GNSS
> system.

Addendum: I just found out that Wikipedia has a page on the error
contributions of GPS/GNSS [1]. In particular, I would like to draw
your attention to the table of User Equivalent Range Errors in the
second section. Each m of error is the equivalent of ~3ns.

			Attila Kinali

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_analysis_for_the_Global_Positioning_System

use without that foundation.
                 -- Miss Matheson, The Diamond Age, Neal Stephenson