[time-nuts] WWVB funding cut (was: Re: NIST FY 2019 Budget Would Eliminate WWV and WWVH)

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Aug 20 22:27:59 UTC 2018

Hi

At least based on conversations with people who have done it …. The electric bill for a
high power transmitting setup is a bit exciting. After that, maintenance on the antennas
cost more than one might think. It actually can be hazardous ( = I know of a friend who lost
a crew member doing it). The cost of the transmitters themselves and maintenance of the
solid state versions …. pretty far down the page.

Bob