[time-nuts] WWVB funding cut

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Tue Aug 21 02:38:01 UTC 2018

To All,

OK - I'll throw this out there -

What if we do something with AREDN and establish our own service?  We won't
need 'cloud burners' to do an approach that way; and we will be able to
solve two problems at once.

For those that may not be aware, AREDN info can be found here:

https://www.arednmesh.org/

The more nodes we have; the better.  We could run our own time service this
way for not a lot of wattage per person; even run off of solar.  I have a
5V to 24V/48V design that can run one of these
radios for at least a day off of a USB storage battery that is solar
charged; so past the initial investment it would run provided the battery
was charged.

Something to think about.

73's,
John