[time-nuts] Russian HF Timing Service ?

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:16:54 UTC 2018

Check out the wikpedia article at;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBU_(radio_station)

It gives positions to 1 arc sec precision (roughly 100 ft, depending).

Trying those coordinates in Maps, I am taken to the approximate center of a
pentagonal
array, where there is a tower, mostly visible by its shadow.  The distance
from that tower
to the vertex to its west is about 1080 feet, where another tower's shadow
can be seen,
etc.  The pentagon visibly departs from perfection, but not by so much as
to fail jumping
right out at you.

So, if the Wiki info is honest and up to date, there's RBU for you, just
like that.

Dana