[time-nuts] Choosing a GPS IC for carrier phase measurements

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Aug 21 21:38:12 UTC 2018

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 02:29:57 +0200
Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> For control loops, I usually recommend Franklin's book[6], which
> gives a good introduction, but does not cover any of the advanced
> topics which you will need for a GPSDO. But even just the basics
> will get you to a working system. It might not perform optimally
> under all conditions, but it should do quite well.

I just realized I should have referenced Best[7] and Gardner[8]
instead a generic control theory book here. Makes more sense in
this setting.

There is also Wolaver[9], which Magnus recommended to me a while
ago. But I have not been able to read enough to know whether
it is a good book to recommend for a beginner, so take this
with a grain of salt.

			Attila Kinali

[7] "Phase-locked loops: design, simulation, and applications",
6th edition, by Roland Best, 2007

[8] "Phaselock techniques", 3rd edition, by Floyd Gardner, 2005

[9] "Phase-locked loop circuit design", by Wolaver, 1991
--
<JaberWorky>	The bad part of Zurich is where the degenerates
                throw DARK chocolate at you.