[time-nuts] Russian Timing Service ?

Martin VE3OAT ve3oat at storm.ca
Wed Aug 22 23:02:58 UTC 2018

On 22/08/2018 12:00, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Except you will be incredibly challenged to receive it anywhere
> because of all the man-made noise at those low frequencies.

Certainly true nowadays and especially in urban environments.  I
believe the original intended audience for these broadcasts were
Soviet missile-carrying submarines on patrol and land-based ICBM
launch sites in remote areas.  At least the Soviet Strategic Rocket
Forces (SRF) had a high interest in the broadcasts.

... Martin    VE3OAT