[time-nuts] WWVB Signal Generator

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Aug 25 16:04:09 UTC 2018

Hi

The question is - what’s the goal?

If this is just a way to keep clocks ticking within the roughly 0.1 seconds you can
see by eye, not a lot is needed. If it’s a device to drive Time Nuts sort of gear to
parts in ten to the bazilyionth, then things get a bit more complicated. Feed it
with it’s own GPS receiver or feed it with something else?

Lots of questions. No real need to answer them unless the budget does go through
with the shutdown in it. I suspect that the heart of a simple device can be done with a sub
$2 chip. GPS (obviously) would be on top of that cost.

Going closed source / mystery box ….. not for me !!!!

Bob