[time-nuts] WWVB Chronverter update progress

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 01:52:14 UTC 2018

Like I mentioned before,  get a $10-ish Ublox Neo7 board/antenna off of Ebay,  program one of the Ublox pulse output pins for 60 kHz.  Add your favorite microprocessor to talk to the Ublox and drive the modulator.   The Ublox 60kHz output should be more than accurate and stable enough to do the job.

I don't know how well 77.5 kHz for DCF would work, but I suspect it might work.

>If you're going to reference it from a GPSDO anyway, why worry about a
TCXO reference (and power too, for that matter). You can easily make the
60 kHz from the 10 MHz.

For example, with two 74HC390s and a 74HC86 you can make 50 kHz and 10
kHz and mix them with one EXOR section of the '86 to have 60 kHz
available