[time-nuts] IQRB-1 RBXO

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Wed Aug 29 16:35:14 UTC 2018

Got an e-mail from DigiKey this morning talking about this:

https://www.iqdfrequencyproducts.com/products/pn/LFRBXO059244Bulk.pdf

Unlike the other rubidium modules I’ve dealt with (which is to say, all FEI), this one claims to have under 1E-10 stability at tau 1s (specifically, if I’m doing the math right, it looks like they’re claiming 8E-11). The phase noise looks to me to be… not fantastic (-67dBc/Hz @ 1 Hz) - again, unless I’m misreading the spec. They’re also $1874 each (Q:1). But they are 4 cubic inches(ish).

I’m not seriously thinking of anything that expensive, but I thought I’d throw it out there and see what other folks think (or perhaps it’s already been discussed and I’ve missed it. If so, sorry).