[time-nuts] HP5065A Step Recovery Diode, what part#?

Chicken Time chickenclocks at outlook.com
Tue Aug 28 15:18:21 UTC 2018

Hi all,
Thanks for all the replies so far!  Yes, I had to look up and get some some understanding of SRD to make sure it should at least function.  SMTs were the only ones that I could easily find stock and only a couple was in the correct range.  I've seen 3-4 manufacturers that still make axial ones (MA/COM-essentially same PN practically as HP's original, Pulse Microwave, ASI inc), and I heard that they have minimum quantities of somewhere near 250$...  I figure if I knew what part number, some obsolete resellers might have a couple.

This particular Rb has has been on for many months working great (BTW, the First Aid docs are fantastic!), then it suddenly started behaving the way described. Tuning did nothing, swapping cards did nothing, then I had to start swapping RVFR parts where only the SRD swap seemed to help, hence my dilemma.

Dan

-Chickens are more obsessed with time than Humans. Proof: Clock Clock clock