[time-nuts] WWVB Chronverter update progress

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Aug 29 20:27:14 UTC 2018

Hi

Even when dividing from 48 MHz straight to 60 KHz, the uBlox is going to do
a pulse drop / pulse add to keep things on frequency. For a wall clock that probably
is not an issue. For a phase locking receiver it’s not quite as clear. The 60 KHz
edge is going to hop by about 21 ns every so often. If the TCXO is running at ~0.1 ppm
high or low, it’ll do it around 5 times a second. If the newer parts run both edges or
a higher counter drive frequency, you would get more steps per second, but smaller
steps.

Bob