[time-nuts] News

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 30 20:39:04 UTC 2018

Hi Bob,

On 08/30/2018 10:33 PM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> Magnus … do you have some news you might want to share with the group?

Oh, well, sure:

Today I received a nice email from IEEE starting with:
"It is a great pleasure to congratulate you on your elevation to the
grade of IEEE Senior member. IEEE Senior Membership is an honor bestowed
only to those who have made significant contributions to the profession."

I'm humbled by these words, but proud of the achievement and happy for
the distinction. This has been a process that has been going on since
spring when IEEE approached me and pointed out that I should be able to
become senior member, writing up a modern CV and then being interviewed
by three Senior Members was interesting, sharing the room with very
senior engineers, PhDs and professors all seeking to reach the IEEE
Senior member elevation.

Cheers,
Magnus