[time-nuts] Effects of Simple GPS jamming on GPSDO's ?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Aug 31 17:15:11 UTC 2018

Hi

Having spent a lot of my life designing GPSDO’s it’s a “that depends” sort of thing.
For a simple noise jammer, yes, they pretty much all will go into holdover. When the
jammer goes away, they come out of holdover. There are a few older units that may not
do quite as well with various sorts of broadband jamming.  With a spoofing jammer that is flying
around overhead and simulating an entire constellation … you could see any of them do odd
things. An airborne jammer flying over this or that city likely gets you into a “act of war” sort of issue.
It’s something you build if you are a nation state.

The performance with noise jammers is not a guess. It’s based on field experience and
all those never ending meetings I keep referring to …..

Bob