[time-nuts] NIST

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Aug 31 18:17:51 UTC 2018

attila at kinali.ch said:
> I have somewhere a paper (which i cannot find currently, sorry) that used a
> dish trained at one of the EGNOS satellites and used it as the only source
> for timing. IIRC the results were promising, but not spectacular. The problem
> being that all the ionospheric and tropospheric ...

There is another problem in that area.  How accurately is the location of the
satellite known?  published?

Geo-sync satellites actually wander around their nominal positions.  How much
does that effect timing?  I've seen figure-8 pictures of the pattern, but I
don't remember any data on elevation changes.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.