[time-nuts] Rakon HSO-14

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Feb 3 22:34:49 UTC 2018

Hi

The “BVA” part of the name refers to the slots machined into the crystal blank
to manage the mounting stress on the resonator. Both the “plated on the blank”
and the “electrodes off blank” versions are legit BVA approaches. Indeed the
electrode off the blank version is the more expensive (and higher performing)
of the two.

In addition to price, one probably would want to get a quote of the delivery lead
time. There are some fancy OCXO’s out there with > 1 year delivery cycles.

Bob