[time-nuts] Symmetricom 58532A GPS Antenna : Launch3 Surplus

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Feb 10 00:41:47 UTC 2018

lists at philpem.me.uk said:
> Generally speaking, you can seal most RF connectors quite nicely with a few
> layers of self-amalgamating tape and a layer of PVC tape over the top of
> that (to protect from UV).

Many years ago, I picked up a chunk of scrap the local cable TV installer had
left on the ground underneath the utility pole out in front of my house.  It
was a chunk of industrial strength shrink wrap with a layer of goop on the
inside.

Is that stuff available in small quantities?  Would the antenna withstand the
necessary heat?

How do hams seal antenna connectors?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.