[time-nuts] eBay GPS antenna test.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Feb 13 18:04:25 UTC 2018

Hi

> On Feb 13, 2018, at 12:06 PM, Clint Jay <cjaysharp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Agreed but stock numbers on boxes and packets  are usually Arabic numerals
> or a barcode. It's also possible the seller used a stock image which can be
> copied and pasted into Google web search to track down the maker or at
> least a distributor who has data.

The seller did post a number of images for the part that was listed. The gotcha is
that the part that arrived is not labeled the same way as the part that was listed.
Since the device also has issues, the big question is if it has any connection to
the part in the listing at all.

The seller seems to have been doing GPS stuff for a while. He also has a very
good approval rating. My guess is: this isn’t the first time he’s seen a bump in
the road. I’d bet he’s got the ability to check this and that out to see what is what.
The seller *does* matter when you buy this stuff. That’s true no matter what you
are getting. No matter how good they are, problems do come up. The question
is always how well they address them. We tend to dump pretty hard on these
guys. I’m not sure that’s always warrantied.

Bob