[time-nuts] Allan variance by sine-wave fitting

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Feb 26 19:51:47 UTC 2018

Hi

Yet another reason to nuke the battery and the A2 board.

It is amazing just how small a signal can mess things up at the levels involved in
a good frequency standard. The old “when in doubt, throw it out” mantra may be
a good one to keep in mind relative to a lot of add on features…. how much does
a PIC-DIV pull compared to the 1 pps section of one of these old beasts (Cs or Rb)?

Lots to think about.

Bob