[time-nuts] AM vs PM noise of signal sources

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jan 2 19:55:16 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am currently looking at noise calculations that deal with AM and PM noise.
To check whether the calculations make sense, I am looking for some numbers
of the white noise floor AM and PM noise levels of signal sources.
Unfortunately, almost everyone only deals with PM noise and hardly
anyone mentiones AM noise levels. The best I could find sofar is [1]
which supports the notion that AM noise is so far below PM noise, that
it is insignificant. Does someone else have more data and would be willing
to share?

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://www.wenzel.com/documents/amnoise.htm

use without that foundation.