[time-nuts] Tourbillon: Recalling and honoring our heritage

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 17:56:52 UTC 2018

Hi All;

Happy New Years - This may be common knowledge but before Quartz it was difficult for a watch to keep accurate time in a watch vs a pendulum clock due to motion and gravity.

Then several centuries ago the Tourbillon movement was design by a Time-Nut like ourselves. I my humble opinion it is still one of the most amazing feats of engineering ever. And if you are lucky enough to own one you could trade it for a Time-Nuts dream lab today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourbillon

[https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/Stuhrling_Tourbillon_Movement.ogv/1200px--Stuhrling_Tourbillon_Movement.ogv.jpg]<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourbillon>

Tourbillon - Wikipedia<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourbillon>
en.wikipedia.org
In horology, a tourbillon (/ t ʊər ˈ b ɪ l j ən /; French: [tuʁbijɔ̃] "whirlwind") is an addition to the mechanics of a watch escapement. Developed around ...

Peace;

Tom Knox