[time-nuts] HP 105B: Modern replacement for NiCad battery pack?

Van Horn, David david.vanhorn at backcountryaccess.com
Fri Jan 5 17:17:16 UTC 2018

Nicads are still made.

NIMH is not necessarily a drop in. While it will work fine in the short term, crude chargers that implement constant trickle like C/10 can be (emphasis) tolerated (/emphasis) by some NIMH cells, and totally out of spec for others.

Modern chargers and NIMH is a good pairing, but if you must use the original NICAD charger, you likely need real NICADs for a long term solution.