[time-nuts] Reference input on HP counters

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 15:46:38 UTC 2018

Jerry
It depends on the unit and age. There are not rules of thumb from my
experiance.
Some of the approaches in HP as an example
Have switches and demand a specific frequency and level.
Some lock an internal reference to any multiple of a reference freq like 5
or 10 MHz.
Some are direct some are phased lock.
I actually look at each piece of HP gear and see whats going on.
Lazy can get you in trouble as I learned.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL