[time-nuts] Antenna Supply voltage

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Jan 8 22:25:20 UTC 2018

Hi

The normal TBolt supplies 5V to the antenna. There *are* some 3.3V only antennas
out there. You could blow one up with a TBolt. There are also survey oriented
receivers (and antennas) that work at 12V. Most 5V (but not all) antennas will fry
if hooked to a 12V receiver.

Current wise, you probably are ok with any antenna out there. If you start cascading
things like inline amplifiers, you can get past the current available. That generally is
not a fatal error. The receiver simply yells at you about “antenna short” or something
like that.

Bob