[time-nuts] Tbolt 1pps

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Jan 17 18:14:55 UTC 2018

> Has any one done a 24 hour plot of the Tbolt 1pps.

Hi Bert,

There are plots of several GPSDO at http://leapsecond.com/pages/gpsdo/ including a Trimble Thunderbolt. It was one of the TAPR TBolt OEM surplus units that I measured in 2008. I uploaded the raw data for you here:

http://leapsecond.com/pages/tbolt/log36116.dat.gz
http://leapsecond.com/pages/tbolt/log36149v.gif
http://leapsecond.com/pages/tbolt/log36150v.gif

For log36116.dat the data is phase, units are seconds, sample rate is 1/second, resolution is 0.1 ps, duration is just over 400k seconds (112 hours, or 4.7 days). The data was collected with a TSC 5110A analyzer, the reference was a H-maser, and I think the TBolt was in factory defaults (no fancy time constant tuning). I removed the arbitrary phase and frequency offsets. Use Stable32 or TimeLab to play with the data.

Let me know if this data is what you were looking for, or maybe explain more what you're curious about. If you're interested in TBolt tuning, look in the archives for postings by Warren S.

/tvb