[time-nuts] Looking for a cheap low tempco EFC pot

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 02:57:28 UTC 2018

It may not be the best way but what I do with an
LPRO is use a 10-turn pot and set it to the center
of its range then adjust the internal pot to give
me an output of 10 Mhz. Basically that gives me a
voltage divider where the top and bottom resistors
have the same TC so the offsets pretty much cancel.
I've also found that just using a 10-turn pot just
doesn't give me fine enough control so if I need
10K I'll put a 4.5K fixed resistor on either side
of a 1K 10-turn pot giving me the resolution I
want and the TC of the pot has a much smaller effect.

-Arthur