[time-nuts] trimble Thunderbolt, how to get 25 or 27 mHz from it??

D. Jeff Dionne Jeff at SE-Instruments.co.jp
Thu Jan 18 13:53:35 UTC 2018

Chris,

You don't need to do that.  The SiLabs part will accept the 10MHz sin from an OCXO directly into the XA pin.  That pin normally connects to a crystal, so there is a high gain amp in the chip to square it up already... I did the tests a while back, see the thread here:

https://www.silabs.com/community/timing/forum.topic.html/si5351_msop10_packag-wocK

Caveats: others had trouble with biasing, and found just squaring the OCXO up first worked for them. SiLabs software is not set up to allow any other frequencies except 25 or 27MHz, so you do need to calculate the register values yourself.

J.