[time-nuts] Looking for information regarding Trimble 33429-00 microcentered GPS antenna.

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:39:08 UTC 2018

I have been gone for a good while, but now that I am officially retired, I
thought I would get back into the time/frequency hobby. I recently bought a
Trimble 33429-00 antenna off eBay. I can't seem to find much on the
internet about it. Google has not been my friend. First, I assume the
"micro centered" refers to the phase center being located with precision.
Mine was meant to be used with the ground plane, which did not come with
it, so the marks indication the part to be pointed north are missing. It
doesn't matter in my use since I won't be surveying anyway. Can someone
tell me what voltage it takes? I decided that the Leica choke ring antenna
I got a while back took 12 volts because the power input went to an 8 volt
regulator, and I figured 12 volts should work ok. On this one, the power
goes to a 2951 adjustable regulator, leaving me a bit in the dark. I will
probably try hooking an adjustable power supply to it and slowly raising
the voltage until the output of the regulator stabilizes. They seem to have
made two versions of this antenna. One with groundplane, and one without.
Since I will be feeding a GPSDO, would a groundplane be of benefit? In
looking through the archives, it seems I have missed a lot of good
discussions. Good to be back.