[time-nuts] minimalist sine to square

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jan 20 01:14:32 UTC 2018

Something like the attached circuit is suitable for  driving the MCU clock input directly.
The diodes should be schottky signal diodes like the 1N5711 series. The series resistors limit the diode peak current and the CLK input protection network current. It should work with inputs from 1V pp to 8Vpp. If SMT components were used it should all fit on a DIP compatible daughter board.

Bruce