[time-nuts] CSAC purchase

Ronald Held ronaldheld at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 20:05:52 UTC 2018

Magnus:
   I wanted one since they were announced in 2005, AFAIR. Incorporated
into a watch was my first choice, but that price is out of range.  A
portable old cell phone size version  is next.
  Ronald

What exactly motivated specifically CSAC for you?

 There might be other cheaper alternatives to your problem.

 For me CSAC solves a problem within very specific set of parameters,
 where low power consumption is one of them. Depending on the actual
 details of the application a TCXO might be a better choice, or even some
 OCXOs.

 It's not that I want to deny you the fun of toying with CSAC, I have
 three myself, but if you don't really need what it is good for, other
 choices might be better. Also, the one place for such advice is for sure
 this email list where a lot of experience is gathered and ready to share.

 Cheers,
 Magnus

Bob:
   OCXO and TCXO are larger then the CSAC?  How much more power would
they need to get within a factor of ten to the 1.5s/1000 years?
                     Ronald