[time-nuts] Slightly OT: interest in a four-output, ultra-low jitter, synthesizer block?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Jan 25 21:53:04 UTC 2018

Hi

You can mod toaster ovens, they work ok, EEVB has *lots* of info on that. When you buy
your PCB you can get solder stencils at the same time. Bought as a package they are in the
$10 or so range. Without buying the boards with them, I’m sure the price goes up a bit. The
metal ones are a bit more than plastic ones.

Solder paste should be refrigerated if you want it to last. How long it will do sitting on the bench
is a “that depends” sort of thing. Amazon will send you a  (small) tube for $10 or so.

The whole “can you do it” depends a bit on how good your microscope is and how steady your
hands are.

Again, EEVB is your friend if you really want to get into this.

Bob