[time-nuts] Slightly OT: interest in a four-output, ultra-low jitter, synthesizer block?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 26 02:13:34 UTC 2018

I'm using a toaster oven I got from Walmart.  It said it was 1500 watts on the box, but is actually 1800 watts.  It has two sets if heating elements.  I didn't insulate it at all and am only using one set of elements... 900 watts.  It hits my PbSn curve quite well.   When the heat cycle is done, it beeps and you open the door.  The cool down is close to the official recommendations.  My controller is set to keep the oven pre-heated to 100C.

The controller is based on a ATmega 2561 with a LCD touchscreen.    The temp control PID is based upon the one in Lady Heather.  I've been meaning to put a more powerful fan in it and/or a servo to open the door and/or try using the second set of heating elements and/or try some insulation / reflective film,  but my lazy bastarditis keeps getting in the way.