[time-nuts] More on SiLabs 5340

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 31 06:35:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 01/31/2018 04:27 AM, John Miles wrote:

> [...]

As ADEV is defined, it is bound to be captured by linear, and higher
terms, drift. FFT is not directly, but on the other hand sensitive to DC
shifts that usually is handled by the window function, which also helps
to work on spectral purity. None of the measures is very perfect so they
need to be handled with care.

> When you see a highly-elevated noise trace at low offset frequencies, it's also a good idea to check for glitches in the 'f' measurement view, although in this case the L(f) spectrum is very typical of these sorts of parts.

Glitches can totally ruin an ADEV.

Cheers,
Magnus