[time-nuts] Lady Heather V6.0 and RINEX files...

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 17:14:13 UTC 2018

Actually it is that simple.   The relevant RINEX commands are in the new "M" (mesurement) keyboard menu.  The MW command is used to write the file.  MR is used to set the measurement rate (defaiult 1 second).   The other commands mostly provide various info that can be added to the RINEX file (marker name, number, antenna type, number, etc).

The Trimble and Furuno GT87xx receivers are not the best ones for precise positioning since they only have pseudorange data to work with.  The Ublox, NVS,  and Venus RTK receivers also output carrier phase data.  The Ashtech Z12 is the best since it is L1/L2 with carrier phase data..

As far as "a few minutes"... you need at least a couple of hours of data.  12-24 hours can improve the results by 50+%.  I am getting reported error ellipses in the 150mm range (< 10mm for the Z12)