[time-nuts] Lady Heather V6.0 and RINEX files...

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 21:48:04 UTC 2018

I've done some experiments with the NV08C and NEO8MT recently. Both of
these receivers report L1 carrier phase. Using the CSRS-PPP service, I
don't get quite as good results as Mark. The errors are more like 0.5 m
(95% confidence interval) in X,Y,Z. However, there is a systematic error
too of about 0.5 m, mostly in Z. My guess is that it's because I'm in
Australia and CSRS don't have as much data as they do in North America for
estimating ionosphere. There is a dense local CORS network but access is
not free.

The other thing I tried was using the receivers in base-rover configuration
with various CORS stations out to 100 km and this worked very well. The
positions I got using RTKLIB were good to 5 cm or so. I know exactly where
the antenna is because it's an IGS station. The NV08 worked best. Antenna
quality was important too. When I moved from the choke ring to a 'cheap and
cheerful' there was a marked decrease in the quality of the data - the
RTKLIB positioning solution would drop in and out of lock. Nonetheless,
useable data could be obtained. Other things I have read suggest that this
could be improved with more sophisticated software.

Cheers
Michael