[time-nuts] Pseudorange and carrier phase data in L1 only RINEX files

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 04:14:23 UTC 2018

I tried to do a test of sending three RINEX files to CSRS-PPP:
1) carrier phase + pseudorange
2) pseudorange only
3) carrier phase only

Oddly, file 3 was rejected as not having any usable observation data.  Files 1 and 2 produced identical output.   It looks like CSRS-PPP does not process carrier phase measurements for L1 only receivers!   I had previously determined that they do not use doppler or signal strength measurements.

BTW, this was a 24 hour file from an M8T tracking GPS and GLONASS with 5 second intervals.  The lat/lon/alt error ellipses were:  182/166/441 mm.  So the Acutime GG is not as bad as I originally thought...