[time-nuts] NTP/PTP to SMPTE

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Jul 4 14:19:13 UTC 2018

On Tue, July 3, 2018 11:40 pm, Magnus Danielson wrote:
> OK, it is not too hard to code it up. I did it for IRIG-B, and it's
> possible to do for SMPTE 12M LTC code too. Validating it is however
> something that needs care.

I have used these libraries for generating and synchronizing with SMPTE
time code stored in video files.  Currently does not have a tool that
generates timecode continuously based on current time, but if you don't
mind GPL the basics are known working.

https://github.com/x42/libltc
https://github.com/x42/ltc-tools

The ltcgen tool in ltc-tools might be interesting as an example if nothing
else.

--
Chris Caudle