[time-nuts] Setting Time on WSPR Radio Transmitter

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 20:10:43 UTC 2018

WRT to ‘stingray’

As Magnus points out some networks have issues with time offsets.  Other issues include malware on Android phones.

But if you are in an area ‘known’ for use of ‘stingrays’ like Washington DC. the most common signs are data mode dropping from LTE to 2-3G data or even 1G data.  Or for handsets offering encryption having it disable.

Content by Scott
Typos by Siri

On Jul 4, 2018, at 2:57 PM, Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

Hi,

> On 06/26/2018 06:29 PM, Van Horn, David wrote:
> I have wondered if a slightly incorrect time on the phone might point to use of a "Stingray" or similar device.

No, some networks have terrible time-offsets.

Cheers,
Magnus