[time-nuts] WTS: Efratom PTB-100 Precision Timebase

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Sat Jul 7 22:30:45 UTC 2018

In 2008, G Molenkamp, VK3UM noted that of the 20 Efratom model FRS-C units he restored, component failure due to long heat exposure caused most of the failures.
http://www.vk3um.com/Rubidium%20rejuvination.pdf
He notes that some lamps had Rb splattered over the inside wall of the glass.
In these cases, the Rb material was not consolidated in the “pinch of the glass lamp”.
Using the “heat gun process” he was able to rejuvenate those Rb lamps.

w9gb
==