[time-nuts] WTS: Efratom PTB-100 Precision Timebase

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Jul 8 00:08:16 UTC 2018

Hi Dana,

On 07/08/2018 02:02 AM, Dana Whitlow wrote:
> Would't it be helpful to blow a gentle jet of cooler air on the tipoff
> region during the
> rejuvenation  procedure, to encourage condensation there?

Sure, if you manage to hold it that way.
In the XSRM case, the lamp sits in a metallic holder which you then put
a metallic lamp-extractor on, which together creates a thermal cooling
to the back-end of the lamp assembly compared to the clear glass end.
This essentially achieves the same effect.

Cheers,
Magnus