[time-nuts] USS Iowa needs an AN/URQ-23 (FE-1050A)

Nick England navy.radio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 18:45:05 UTC 2018

The USS Iowa "legacy radio gang" works to restore the ship's original
communications equipment back into operation. Some equipment just needs
renovation and/or recabling, while other items were removed at some point
in the ship's storage.
They have recently gotten one URQ-23 (FE-1050A) from a mothballed ship to
use as a frequency standard for radio gear throughout the ship, but are
still missing one.
http://www.navy-radio.com/freq/urq23-iowa-02.jpg

If you can donate a URQ-23 to the ship, that would be great.
The USS Iowa contact is Gary Lopes <gary at wa6mem.com>

If you have a URQ-23 for sale at a reasonable price, I'm willing to buy it
and donate it to the ship.
If you have one you'd like to trade for an FE rack that's sitting in my
basement, that would be excellent. My rack has
    > FE-1004A Frequency Standard
    > FE-32A Battery
    > FE-40A Phase Comparator
    > FE-5027A VLF Comp. & Std. Assy
Operating condition unknown, but it appears complete.

FWIW, my web page with USN time/freq standard equipment info is here -
http://www.navy-radio.com/freq-equip.htm

best regards,
Nick England
Chapel Hill NC