[time-nuts] 10 MHz 'failover' switch?

W7SLS w7sls.scott at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 19:45:47 UTC 2018

Hello,

Looking for recommendation for a ‘failover’ or ‘redundant’ switch for 10 MHz distribution.

	Not really sure of the correct term.
	Something that sensed RF on primary 10 MHz, and then switched to secondary on fail of primary.

A brief search showed several very nice $$$ items, suitable for commercial applications,
but I wonder if there are some “last year’s” (but not last century) versions that would work for a home lab.

Context:

I have a GPSDO and a Rb source of 10 MHz.
The power supply on the GPSDO failed (worked enough to light up the GPSDO, but not enough to lock).
I have a new power supply on order, but would be nice to have “insurance”.

Thanks in advance for the group bandwidth.

Scott
W7SLS