[time-nuts] 10 MHz 'failover' switch?

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 22:40:30 UTC 2018

True but if you use a good switch or PIN 90 db of isolation is easily achievable.   Yes the spur is still there but it’s 90 down and will not affect ADEV as badly.

You could drive it further down with two switches with the alternate standard connected to 1 port and a termination to the other.  So a switchover would switch to the alternate port and the backup path would switch from termination to backup source.    This would easily buy you 120-130 db isolation assuming use of good cabling and proper routing, grounds etc

After all this IS time-nuts after all

Content by Scott
Typos by Siri