[time-nuts] Need info: Spectrum Instruments brand GPSDO

ed breya eb at telight.com
Sat Jul 28 23:43:24 UTC 2018

I have it temporarily rigged now with both units apparently operational
and locked. I changed the antenna pigtail leads on the GPS RX units from
TNC to SMA for more convenient HW experiments. I disconnected the DC
feed from one and loaded it with a dummy resistor, so only one provides
antenna power, while the other thinks it does. The two inputs are fed
via a Wilkinson type splitter, which passes the DC to the antenna port.
There is no extra amplification or isolation yet.

I won't be able to tell really just how well they are working until I
can talk to the RX units via RS-232, but at least they seem OK so far.

Ed