[time-nuts] Source for DC-blocking 50-ohm terminators? (Spectracom 8140)

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 17:50:17 UTC 2018

I had the same issue looking for a DC blocking 50ohm terminator.  They simply do not exist.  So I just made one.  Took a BNC male connector with a chassis mount flange.  50ohm and 0.015 microfarad capacitor in series.  (because that's what I had on my desk at the time)  The frequency is low enough, level is high enough, and some reflections are not going to cause any issues.  It has been working for me for quite some time.
(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
I'm stuck in a wormhole....  Hello, worms!