[time-nuts] Raw phase data of super-5065

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jun 6 13:21:11 UTC 2018

HI

> On Jun 6, 2018, at 2:18 AM, timeok at timeok.it wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> certainly the environmental effects are significant and it is precisely for this reason that
> acquisitions have been made simultaneously on two 5065, one modified and the other not.
>
> To verify the results the same measures were taken with another pair of 5065, one modified and the other not.
> This second test was carried out at another site 300Km from the first one.
>
> Both tests showed a better and more consistent medium/long term ADEV than the unmodified HP5065A.
>
> I want to clarify that these measures have the objective of verifying the medium / long term stability and not the short term stability of the Super version I agree it is improved..
>
> Luciano

Since my basement does one set of things ( temperature / humidity / pressure ) and somebody else runs in the garage ( different temperature / humidity / pressure)
the data will be very specific to a single set of environmental conditions. Temperature is relatively easy to monitor, humidity and pressure are a bit more complex.
At least logging them so people can compare your setting to there’s does need to be part of the process.

Bob