[time-nuts] Cheap-ish PRS-10 rubidiums on Ebay

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 9 19:53:17 UTC 2018

There is a guy selling some (5) PRS-10's on Ebay for $170.   Says pulled from decommissioned systems, but sold for parts.   No telling if they are any good...  They are listed as being "used" and not "for parts"... which I think means Ebay says you can return them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanford-Research-Systems-PRS10-10MHz-Rubidium-Frequency-Standard/183248949887?epid=1627032553&hash=item2aaa7d127f:g:dUgAAOSw0LhbDWQR

There is another guy (in Allen, Texas) that usually keeps one listed for $250... if it sells, another one pops up fairly soon.   I've bought a few from him and they were all good.  You do have to move 2 or 3 resistors  to enable the serial port and one of the more useful signals (PPS IN?).