[time-nuts] Sayrosa 607B Frequency Synthesiser

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 19:31:13 UTC 2018

Perhaps not a very common item, and probably restricted to the UK, but I have seen these mentioned here before.

The 607B was a very nice 2 to 30MHz synthesiser used as the drive unit in the UK Diplomatic Service Piccolo radio system.

Both Sayrosa and Piccolo are long gone, and information has always been hard to come by, but I've just scanned the 607B Training Manual and 607B Technical Handbook and uploaded PDF versions of both to Mediafire.

This documentation is quite limited but so far is all I've ever seen for the 607B.

Both can be found in a single file at....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6vv5t71cq741sd/Sayrosa%20607B.zip

For what it's worth, my experience with these has been that by far the most common fault is the familiar shorted tantalum syndrome.

Nigel GM8PZR