[time-nuts] Raw phase data of super-5065

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Jun 14 08:54:15 UTC 2018

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 08:19:58 -0700
<cdelect at juno.com> wrote:

> Would be interesting to see a long plot of the two 5065 against each
> other!

I had a look at Luciano's data and it's probably safe to say, that
the instability of the super-5065 would be the limit. The unmodified
5065 is incredibly stable (once you remove drift).

Attached are the two phase plots, both with quadratic drift removed.
The unmodified 5065A has a kind of weird ~18day undulation. I would
say it's an environmental effect, but the two cycles are too similar,
so I do not know what to think of it.

The super-5065 (5065B) has quite a few bigger frequency jumps, with
pretty stable phases in-between. My guess here would be that there
are no environmental effects and it is limited by instabilities in
the frequency discriminator electronics, ie offsets that show (close to)
discrete jumps. or that the lamp brightness changes.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.